Wednesday 26 January 2011

Game Review

Well my next task is to write a game review and present it as a presentation. As I am not sure when I have to do the presentation, I am just going to dump a few sentences here to help me later on when I complete my presentation properly.

What is the game, and when was it released?

The game I think I will be reviewing is The Legend of Zelda, The Ocarina of Time. However, I haven't played this for a while fully as I played it when I was younger. I have played bits of it more recently on my friend's PC but it isn't the same. The game was released on November 21, 1998 on the Nintendo 64.

What genre is it?

This game is an RPG. It is in third person view however you do only play one person through the game.

What happens and most importantly, what’s it like to play?

As with every Legend of Zelda game, the princess gets kidnapped by Ganordorf and your aim is to go and save her. In each game however, the storyline and gameplay is slightly different. In this game, you start off as a child working to get three stones to open the Temple of Time, obviously going to different areas and defeating different bosses to obtain each one. Once you open the Temple of Time however, it turns out to be a trap set by Ganondorf and you then wake up 7 years into the future. You next task is to then go and defeat the bosses at each of the Temples and awaken the sages to help you defeat Ganondorf. The worse temple is the Temple of Water. You have  boots that make you sink and walk on the bottom of the water and this game decides to make you have to change to these boots every two seconds! Once the sages are awoken, you are then able to defeat Ganondorf and his other form (who i always thought looked like a pig), Ganon therefore freeing Zelda.

I think this game is amazing to play as it takes very long to complete and there are a lot of puzzles to figure out. This makes is my type of game, i'm not keen on games where you have to just fight or shoot people...
The only problem (apart from the Water Temple) is that if you get stuck on one little thing, you are unable to carry on the game. I overcame this by asking my friend what to do next as she had completed the game before :D Although i suppose you could look on google for a walkthrough...

No comments:

Post a Comment