Wednesday 20 April 2011

Elements of game design, part three: character


Well my favourite books and films of all time are definately the Harry Potters. In the books, I love the characters as the author vividly describes and makes them show their feelings a lot. My favourite character is Ron Weasley as although you can tell he is quite scared and has always been "the loser" of the group, he is still determined to help out Harry with all the danger he gets into. This almost definately scares him so much and it makes me almost proud of him that he would go to these extents to help out his friend. It shouldn't make me feel like this as he is a fictional character!

I think the main techniques that are used, is the way that the character's act in certain situations and the way other character's act towards them. This is done using the script, the acting and the appearance. For instance, if a character is a typical looking geek, with glasses and freckles, you are going to feel sorry for them, especially as it is likely that they will be bullied etc. However, if this geek, is saving the world or something, then you are going to think they they are awesome. So it doesn't just depend on one thing to make you react a certain way about a character.

I love fantasy stories, films and games as everything is new, interesting and sometimes never been seen before. For instance, Avatar, is one of my most "Oh wow, that is the awesome thing i have ever seen" films xD. In films, I also love special effects as if done good, they look amazing and so realistic whereas it doesnt actually exist. As i have already mentioned, I love the Harry Potter books and I think this is mostly because the author has created an entire world which is unrealistic but she has made it realistic as it could actually fit into our world.
 
Sorry that this blog has been pretty much a review of my favourite films and books, but this is the way i ended up waffling on about :P

No comments:

Post a Comment